Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Studies, lenses & the little things

The time told now is 8.46pm says my computer.

Before I start, I was right. All I needed to do was restart my computer and all the history and bookmarks, as well as the forward and back buttons are restored.

So let's start. Start:

For today, I had attended the British Council Expo at the Hotel of Rizqun at The Mall. To my slight disappointment and tremendous relief, I found out that there are no scholarship schemes for medicine, only teaching. I do not wish to become a teacher. Going through Hell at school as a student is enough to last for ever. I want to learn, that's no lie, it was those who I had to cope with were the problem. Thankfully, that never really happened recently. And am I grateful. It's a bit sad for me that I couldn't get a scholarship now, but I've no problem with it. Still, there's that itty-bitty chance that there'll be a new scholarship scheme/offer/whatever, so yeah, that might haunt me.

And there's my new contact lens, which I bought last December, and I bothered to try to wear it now. Now, I'm getting used to them. Why did I bought contact lenses? Because I wanted to. Besides, I always wanted to know how it feels to use them. Now I know it's a pain, but like I said, I'm getting used to them. If anything, the hardest part was not to put them on, but it was to get them off. Another reason why I bought them was to change my eye colour to grey, not a very noticable change, but I like them subtle. Actually, my sister helped me bought it, 'cause I didn't have the other half of the price amount on me. I like wearing them actually.

So that's where the excitements of the day end. However, there was something more pleasant that happened. Anyone who is reading this may or may not find it a big deal, or any form of deal, but that's why I'm typing this down. It's not much but, I spent some time with my mom and dad, seperately, in my bedroom, where I'm typing this now. My mom had to type a letter to be sent to the government which involved splitting up land that my parents bought to give to their children. It was a pleasant moment for me as my mom typed down the hand-written-earlier letter, and I was lying down in bed looking at the ceiling and out my window and other small things while the music playing the computer. Pleasant and relaxing music, of course. One of them was the soundtrack from Chrono Cross titled Time's Grassland - Home World.(It's the soundtrack playing when your out on traversing the Home World island on foot, for those of you who are familiar with the game) Even if I spent so much time with my mom when she "invited" me to help her with the grocery shopping, I enjoyed this moment better. I was sure glad I had the insight to have my Winamp play those songs (I'm listening to them right now) or it would have been awkward, and boring.

This now marks the end of this blog post. Also, those of you who are expecting some picture from me, please kindly not to, for I have no intentions of getting myself a new camera (or any camera), nor am I going through the hassle of borrowing one. (I have none to borrow from anyway)

1 comment:

  1. FAIIZZ! You didn't tell me you have a blog!
    How did you find me? From the 5sci3's blog? :D

    DUUUUUUUDE. U WERE AT THE UK EXHIBITION AT RIZQUN?
    I didn't see you there!
    It's such a bummer. Since all the scholarships/universities there require A'Level qualification. Of course, UK.
    Why don't u just go to the MOE?
    Since you're qualified for a scholarship, y'know.

    :)

    ReplyDelete